The PinotFile is a unique biweekly online newsletter dedicated to keeping readers apprised of news in the pinotphile world including latest releases, wine reviews, winery news, winemaker profiles, what to buy, and how to get your hands on it. There is currently a sea of Pinot Noir out there. What is a pinotphile to do? Fortunately, the Prince of Pinot has an unwavering and diligent devotion to Pinot Noir. He searches out, tastes, and reports on the good stuff in his online newsletter, The PinotFile. The inside scoop is preached with just the information you want to know - who is making the juice, how does it taste, and how do you get your hands on it. The Prince finds the small and larger producers that offer the ultimate in Pinot Noir satiation. No scores, no pretentiousness, and no unwarranted criticism. Trust your own palate first, but let the Prince fine tune it. Drink right, join the Crew.
- The PinotFile is the first wine newsletter exclusively devoted to one wine variety: Pinot Noir - and one
group of wine lovers: pinotphiles. It is THE pulse of Pinot Noir.
- Published biweekly (26 issues per year, usually over 20 pages per issue).
- Packed with first hand colorful interviews of Pinot Noir winegrowers and winemakers
of California and Oregon primarily, but including the Pinot Noir scene worldwide.
- Periodic appellation and regional profiles of pinocentric wine regions including maps and photos.
- Extensive tasting notes including winery verticals, regional horizontals, barrel samples, newest releases and older vintages. Each year, at least 1,500 Pinot Noirs are reviewed.
- Tasting notes feature a stylistic and unpretentious impression of wines that allows the reader to match his palate to the wine. Numerical scoring was instituted in Volume 9, Issue #28.
- Pinot Briefs: the latest news on Pinot Noir, winery openings, wine events, wine tours, and significant wine stories.
- Wine & Health: Updates and newest information on the relationship between wine and health
including an annual review of the world’s literature on this subject.
- Wine book and wine-related product reviews.
- Printable copy of the current and all past PinotFile newsletters dating back to 2003.
- PinotFile Live! An issue of the PinotFile is highlighted in a 30 minute downloadable MP3 formatted podcast spiced with information not included in the PinotFile newsletter.
- Links to all podcasts and videocasts in which the Prince participates at Grape Radio
- Pinot Winery Directory. Hundreds of producers of Pinot Noir are profiled including background and descriptive information, vineyards, grape sources, owners, winemakers, viticulturists, tasting and tour arrangements, contact information, and MOST important, how you can buy the wine.
- Travel Along the Pinot Trail. The Prince's favorite wineries to visit and wine country lodging and restaurant recommendations organized by region. Specific region guides can be printed out for handy reference on your trip. The Prince will also assist subscribers in planning wine region trips and arranging for private tours and tastings.
- Calender of all Pinot Festivals and other events where Pinot Noir is poured.
- Links to all things Pinot.
- Full Google search on the site. Readers can search for specific tasting notes according to newsletter, winery, vineyard or appellation.
- RSS feed. Stay tuned to all updates on the site.